ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Leupold RX1000 TBR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    cowaterfowler
    Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 PM    Post subject: Leupold RX1000 TBR Reply with quote

I currently have a Nikon Rilfe Hunter 550 and I am not able to range deer and antelope over ~300 yards. I am looking at upgrading to a Leupold RX1000 TBR. Anyone have experience with it? How far can you range a deer or antelope with it? Would you recommend something esle?
    fubar racin
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon manarch gold can't remember if it was a 900 or 1000 it was the nicest most user friendly range finder I ever had if looking for a cheap one mine is laying some ware on the blm ground near walden
    cowaterfowler
    Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say, I want to use it for both rifle and archery.
    Waterproof
    Pro-Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly suggest reading the reviews on ANY rangefinder you are considering. I went through the whole painful process you are heading into and spent a WHOLE lot of time reading reviews. I found that the Zeiss Victory PRF ended up being one of the very few rangefinders that will actually range that size of an animal consistently past 300 yards.

They aren't the cheapest ones out there, but I held out for mine and ended up buying it from Bass Pro during one of their hunting classics and took advantage of their trade-in program, additional sale discount, and even more savings by opening a Bass Pro credit card account.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: