ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Might start making my own duck calls!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> The Workshop
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    ZaKWright

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 AM    Post subject: Might start making my own duck calls! Reply with quote

Decided to turn this old single reed into a triple and it sounds pretty good! Might start making duck calls more often!
    ~Sometimes I wonder why my sanity is questioned as a duck hunter. Then I find myself awake at 4:00 A.M., going out in the worst possible weather, because the hunting is better.~
    BUBBA
    Elite Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding reeds to an existing call and making a call are two totally different things. Making calls from scratch is awesome but you'll have to invest in some tools if you don't already have them. Making duck calls from scratch can make you pull your hair out at times. There's a lot of science that goes into making a tone board that works.

Being Liberal is a choice, just like being an alcoholic is a choice
    ZaKWright

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have all the tools to make them.
    ~Sometimes I wonder why my sanity is questioned as a duck hunter. Then I find myself awake at 4:00 A.M., going out in the worst possible weather, because the hunting is better.~
    BUBBA
    Elite Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Go to www.customcalls.com and check out the forum. Lots to learn from those guys. Wade C here on COWF is a sponsor and sells call making tools and equipment, guts, reeds, tone board jigs, etc. Give him a shout, he'll treat you right.
    Nothing like killing birds with calls you've made yourself.
    cheers

Being Liberal is a choice, just like being an alcoholic is a choice
    sbarcewski
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to heat your shop or home swing by and pick up all the blanks I have gone through trying to get a tone board to work. Bubba is right and the fellas at customcalls will be a big help.

Good Luck
    ZaKWright

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I'm just a young gun, but I love experimenting with making stuff. Kinda just want to try and make a few and see how it goes! I used the walls of a milk jug for the new reeds on duck call I posted above.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: