ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Mixing snows in your spread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Decoying
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    docdavej
    Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:49 PM    Post subject: Mixing snows in your spread? Reply with quote

I've read a few articles suggesting that adding a handful of snow's to your spread, (of dark geese), can add realism. Just curious what anyones thoughts on this are. I've seen snow's mixed in with Canadian's before but only a couple times and only out east, (Ft Morgan, Orchard). I don't normally hunt snows so I wouldn't bring it up but I've seen some killer deals in the past and figured it may be a cheap way to add to my numbers.
    Chabrone
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 PM    Post subject: Re: Mixing snows in your spread? Reply with quote

docdavej wrote:
    I've read a few articles suggesting that adding a handful of snow's to your spread, (of dark geese), can add realism. Just curious what anyones thoughts on this are. I've seen snow's mixed in with Canadian's before but only a couple times and only out east, (Ft Morgan, Orchard). I don't normally hunt snows so I wouldn't bring it up but I've seen some killer deals in the past and figured it may be a cheap way to add to my numbers.

It works on big flocks of lessers but I have had them flare off them too. If you are hunting big river honkers, don't use snows. It does help decoying some of the small groups of snows so pick your poison. If there are lots of snows in the area, you should be fine, otherewise don't use them.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Decoying All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: