ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Attorney Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> General Stuff
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    jrhurt
    Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:16 PM    Post subject: Attorney Recommendations Reply with quote

My brother came out to elk hunt with an outfitter and has a dispute that will likely require an attorney. Does anybody have experience with any attorneys that would specialize in these types of disputes?

I don't want to go into details or name companies, but the dispute involves a switch of camps. It would be nice to use someone who understands Colorado hunting regulations rather than a general attorney. I see a lot pop up on a Google search, but figured I would check to see if anyone had any good (or stay away at all costs) recommendations

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    spaightlabs1
    True Killa'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guy in Arvada who is a fellow hunter and also an attorney. He has been a fish and game officer in his career as well I believe.

Chris Cessna - http://www.cessnalaw.com

Nowadays Chris does mainly criminal defense, but it would be worth talking to him I think. It sounds like this is going to be a contractual dispute and there isn't gonna be a pile of money involved I don't suspect so this may just be the kind of deal where your bro needs a letter on lawyer letterhead to get the outfitter to play nice...

Also, he should make a report to DORA Outfitter section against the guy's license - the outfitter contract is required to be pretty specific regarding a lot of things...

Goodluck to your bro and I'm sorry he got mixed up with someone that is less scrupulous than some are.

Don't trust whitey.
    jrhurt
    Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I appreciate the help. You are correct, I am thinking an official letter is all that is needed.
    spaightlabs1
    True Killa'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a letter to the outfitter from your bro with a CC to the BBB and DORA might get some movement also...

Don't trust whitey.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> General Stuff All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: