ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Warm Gloves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 PM    Post subject: Warm Gloves Reply with quote

In search of the best warm gloves.........

I`ve probably owned a half dozen gloves over the years and I`ve yet to find `the best`. I`d like gloves but I have to say a mitten would also be acceptable as long as I could get my trigger finger out soon enough. Best bet would be just staying inside on those bitter cold days , but I`m not that smart. Any recommendations out there ??

Thanx, JaDub
    GANDER
    A.K.A Babe Winkleworm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A size larger old school the fleece line mittens. Then apair of jersey brown ones inside.
    tbvet3
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get toe warmers, not hand warmers. Peel the tape and stick them to the inside palm of the gloves, round end to where the fingers start. Guarantee warm hands all day.
    10 Gauge
    BAND MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of wool mittens that have a glove made into them. They have a split in the back of them so you ca get your fingers out by pulling down on them. I got them from a Schwanns man but I don't know where he got them.
    MRiddell
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried about 8 pairs of hunting gloves/mittens and didn't like any of them. Old leather lamonts work just fine as long as I'm dressed right.
    bldmtnrider
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the full finger glove that can convert into a mitten. Usually a thinner layer on the fingers and you can get the thumb out for any detail work. Everything in when it is cold and just pull out the index finger when it is time to shoot.

They might not be as tough as some other gloves out there as I tend to go through a set every few seasons, but they keep me warm and I can zip in a hand warmer if it is really cold.

Picked up a pair at Scheels a few weeks ago. Not sure what brand they are but they seem better made than previous versions.

Still looking for something that will cover the outside of my hands but still work good while calling. I think Avery sold some years ago, but haven't seen them for a while.
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of toe warmers in the gloves. I`ve done the hand warmers but I like the idea of bigger ones.

Thanks, Jeff
    tbvet3
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the toe warmers for 3 seasons now. I usually stock up at the end of the season when they're on Clarance's shelf.

With the sticky on 'em they don't move around and you'll be surprised that when it comes time to shoot you don't even know they're there. Only complaint I have about them is sometimes they get too hot!
    Ol Blu
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like Chevy vs Ford.

I found these gloves and really like them - flexible, tough, warm and waterproof. Make sure to oil the leather well before getting them wet, or the leather will soak up water.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-MENS-GORE-TEX-THINSULATE-DEERSKIN-GLOVE/2333164.uts?slotId=12

Have to admit i find myself pulling any glove off when i need to call.

Great idea on the toe warmer - thanks guys.
    Luv2Decoy
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to put the warmers on the back of my hands. I find that they interfere less that way.
    Oli'sDuckNutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine many of you do this, but I use one of those hand muff things that you put both hands in. It has a strap that goes around your neck and I put 2 hand warmers inside to keep my hands warm. Since a lot of blind or pit Hunting includes hours of sitting with your hands in pockets, I find this allows me to keep the hands warm and then there are no gloves to deal with when the time comes to start calling or shooting. Then, after my gun is empty, the hulls are picked up, the dust settles, and I have no birds to show for my efforts, I go back to pouring another cup of coffee to enjoy another few hours with my hands in the muff gloves-free. bangin
    Oli'sDuckNutz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine many of you do this, but I use one of those hand muff things that you put both hands in. It has a strap that goes around your neck and I put 2 hand warmers inside to keep my hands warm. Since a lot of blind or pit Hunting includes hours of sitting with your hands in pockets, I find this allows me to keep the hands warm and then there are no gloves to deal with when the time comes to start calling or shooting. Then, after my gun is empty, the hulls are picked up, the dust settles, and I have no birds to show for my efforts, I go back to pouring another cup of coffee to enjoy another few hours with my hands in the muff gloves-free. bangin
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: