ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Tamarack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Duck Hunting
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 PM    Post subject: Tamarack Reply with quote

Don't bother going this weekend. It`s been basically vacant for the last couple weeks. This place has changed since the big floods a year ago or so.
    spaightlabs1
    True Killa'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a lot of ducks showing back up on the river west of there a bit in the last few days...the warm south winds of the last 3 days probably didn't hurt any.

Don't trust whitey.
    Warthog
    Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 PM    Post subject: Tamarack Reply with quote

I hunt on some farms that are pretty close to Tamarack. I hunt a few miles from the river, but I can tell you that as of this morning there were more ducks than there have been for a while in the area. When I crossed the bridge at Crook this morning the water was open and huntable. Hope this helps. drink
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That`s pretty encouraging. River has been almost completely frozen over the last two times I`ve been there ( last two weeks) however the backwater areas are open to some extent. I`ve seen a few ducks coming off the ponds very early but that`s about it. A few start to fly at `official sunset` but not in any numbers. Unfortunately I don`t have any leases or know the right people so I hunt Tamarack almost exclusively. I hit it every Thursday after the first of the year. This year has been very disappointing for me.

Good luck this weekend !
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there yesterday............

Holy Crap .......... by the hundreds !!!

And they know they`re safe. arse
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Duck Hunting All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: