ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Dakota duck decoys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Decoying
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 PM    Post subject: Dakota duck decoys Reply with quote

Thinking of buying their flocked duck decoys. How do they hold up etc ?
    let hens fly
    Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these decoys. The color is what I am looking for in the drake decoys for the late season birds. Flocked heads give it a realistic look from a distance. They are a bit heavier. But you pay what you get in my opinion. The slotted bag is the way to go if you are wanting a longer life from these. My only regret is not buying the slotted bag with a Velcro or zipper lid to cover the decoys while transporting or storage. If your gonna just use a mesh decoy bag and throw them over your back. I always remove the heads and store in different bag. Then attach the heads to the body in the field. Or the lazy route. Put a sock over the heads so the felt doesn’t rub off from bouncing around and hitting each other. I learned the hard way. Can be down fall if the sock gets wet and it bitter cold out. The sock ice up and you rip off the felt or can not remove at all until thawed out. But what is nice. They sell the flocked heads separately if you want to replace or just flock them yourself. Over all. A great investment.
    JaDub
    Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input. I think I`ll grab a dozen and give them a soak........... gotta wait till next year tho. 8-(
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Decoying All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: