ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    New Hunt info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> General Stuff
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Max-4
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:54 PM    Post subject: New Hunt info? Reply with quote

How's everybody been? Been awhile.
    I've been hunting Saskatchewan for a number of years now. Started right here with alot of great help from members. Now I'm considering some new areas. Thinking about Alberta and Ontario. Anybody hunting these places for waterfowl? Not wanting your specific areas or anything like that. I'm a DIY Hunter. Just looking for general info.
    Considering putting together a new hunt in the next 2 years. It is getting harder to get guys willing to go anymore. Having rouble filling spots for Saskatchewan. Thanks in advance for any info.
    spaightlabs1
    True Killa'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monte - what's up man?

Long time no see - glad to see you are still in the game and I hope farming/ranching is treating you well. Tough times for a lot of folks, but in your business all the times are tough, some just less tough than others.

I know Jeff (JCNENG) is still running up most years...still SaskI believe.

I sense that there is a lot of pent up demand for some trips - I know a dozen guys who used to go every year that have now been gonna go 'next year' for the last 4 or 5 years...

There was a time I would have bet that I'd go every year until I was physically unable to drag my carcass up there, but shiznit gets in the way.

I'm not so sure the smart thing to do wouldn't be to go up for 10 days, hunt 7 or 8 of 'em and then just chill out for 11.5 months and go back next year.

But waterfowls are perpetual optimists so I'm sure this year is gonna be a banger!!

Don't trust whitey.
    Max-4
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg, Still trying every year. Farming just seems to stay busy. Cut over 8000 acres of wheat and bailed 1000 large bales of straw. But it's been good. Get out in the winter when I can. Last year was the first I missed, because of guys bailing out. Looking short this year again. Going for about 7 days. Might only be a couple of us. I'm going even if it's by myself. Do the best I can and have fun. Lot guys are just burning out. Part of why I'm thinking about other areas. Something new, bring the challenge again. I know not everyone just hunts Saskatchewan. That's why I'm wondering about some personal experiences from other province's. I can get all the legal stuff easy enough.
    Luv2Decoy
    Elite Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I and my brother are not going because his daughter is getting married when "the trip" is scheduled.

Twelve years ago Jeff, myself and my brother were the lone rangers, came home with 3 bands and a collar. rotfl We thought the same as you guys, never miss another year. But I have missed the last 2 years because of big game hunts and this year have the wedding and a NW Colo antelope tag that are getting in the way.

Alberta is pretty special for darks and ducks. My oldest son spent a fall up there working and he had great stories about the flocks and how they would build and build and then leave and then start building all over again as new birds would move in.
    Max-4
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alberta sounds good. I've hunted near there. Thinking a dark and duck hunt would be fun. I love the snows, but mixing it up some wouldn't hurt. It's an awesome province. Spent a few days in the Edmonton area a couple years ago. Got some farmer friends up there.
    Max-4
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody is serious to go to Saskatchewan in October, pm me. We'll talk about it.
    jcneng
    Elite Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tempt me! I've always talked about taking two trips in one Fall. Maybe this is the year! cheers Maybe we could get Luv2decoy to join us?
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> General Stuff All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: