If you experience water damage in your home or business property, we are here to help. We are your go-to resource for information on water damage repair and restoration. With that said, many people don’t really know what water damage is like until they experience it for themselves. Water damage is a serious hazard and it often goes unchecked.
One reason for this is that people don’t notice, because they don’t know what to look for. You don’t want to wait until water is literally pouring out of your ceiling or walls to call a professional. When you know what water damage looks like, you’ll be prepared to spot some of the early warning signs as soon as they show up.
Here is what water damage can look like:
- Dark or wet spots in the ceiling or walls
- Wet spots or pooling water on the floor
- Cracking, bubbling or flaking paint or drywall
- Sounds of running water but you can’t see where it is
- Sounds of dripping water but you can’t see it
- Actual dripping water you can see, where it isn’t supposed to be
- Unexplained increase in your water bull
- Damp, moldy, or musky odors
- Visible mold growing
Now that you know the answer to “What does water damage look like?” you can always be prepared for spotting water damage in your own home and spaces. If you see signs of damage, it is important to treat it early.
Water damage will only get worse. Don’t think if you see a small spot that it will stop or go away on its own. This is the biggest mistake people make and then they end up forced to deal with it when it becomes a problem you cannot ignore.
Call a professional (you can find many resources on our website) and get it assessed before it gets worse. Water damage will not just go away on its own. There are many qualified professionals here waiting to help you.